November Already

I was trying my best to post on this gratitude blog and learn and grow in gratitude and then a bomb went off in our lives. Actually a few but were dealing and I still have much to be grateful for.

Neil's mom fell and broke her hip for the second time. There was one night she almost left us. It was horrible and yet for her maybe it would be the best. She has a long road ahead to healing and her mind is getting worse. Alzheimers is a slow death. It is horrible. It robs you of the person who once was. It is sad for the person who has it and for those who need that person and it's like there not them. There not there.

She is now in a rehabilitation facility which is also a long term care facility. It's a nice place with nice people. But I don't like it. I don't like her being there. It's sad. I know she hates it. But she has to be a little better before she can come home. Then when she comes home. There are a lot of questions. How to care for her. How to communicate with family to get everyone on the same page and communicating. Not a strength in the Warner family.

I love her and I miss her. I want her back the real her. I need her to talk to me. Well she mostly listens. She is a great listener. I need her to help me with the handeling of my life, with the questions of what to do and how to do it. I need to know what to do for her and what my part is. I was listening to an old song by Michael McClean. "My Part". I always have this question in my life. But with this situation with Neil's mom it really is What is my Part? It's hard. I love her. How do I show that. How do I handle the situations I am in with the family.

Neil's mom was in the hospital and had just had her surgery. We had just gotten home from the hospital and I got a phone call from Aaron. He was hurt and needed help right away. I left immediately and then his friends called and said they couldn't wait they were taking him to the hospital.

Aaron had been playing flag football and BYU and had fallen and hurt his knee. I met up with them at the emergency room. They took exrays and gave him some medicine and sent us on our way. The ER doc thought maybe a torn miniscus but nothing too bad. He didn't know anything. It took forever and we do not like UVRMC at all.

Aaron came home with us and we waited until monday to get in for the MRI and the doctor. We got the results and the results were a severe injury. Torn, ACL, LCL, miniscus, ligaments down both sides of his leg, a bruised fractured bone, and nerve damage in his foot. The nerve damage is the most scary of all the injury. We don't know what will happen for ure but it may be permanent. Aaron has been so upset. His life is sports. He loves to be active. He has surgery on Wednesday. I am hoping and praying that it will all work out.

November is here a month to be thankful for our blessings. I am blessed. I am grateful that it is not worse. It could be so much worse. As hard as it is. It could be worse. I am grateful for my blessings for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment